Hello pals! I’m so happy to announce that the Off the Grid Readathon is back! Shanah from Bionic Bookworm came up with this fantastic quarterly readathon in 2018, and the time has come for our third round. We always have such a good time running this readathon and invite you to join us!
Cast aside your phone, banish Twitter, ignore Instagram, and read as much as you can in three days!
- This readathon will be quarterly, starting on the second weekend of the month. This round will begin on 12 April, then the next rounds will be in July and October.
- We will kick off at 12:00am on Friday 12 April in your time zone and will end at 11:59pm on Sunday night, again in your own time zone! You have three full days to read as much as possible without distraction.
- Come up with your TBR and stick with it as much as you can, but don’t feel bad if you meander (and don’t forget to link us if you post your TBR online)!
- There is really only one rule — stay off your phone as much as possible! The whole point is to stay off the grid and read as much as you can without the distraction of the internet. As there are no sprints or updates during the readathon, there’s no real reason to be checking your phone. However, you can keep track of the amount of time you read and compare it with later readathons, or even post an update when you finish a book (this is what I, social media addict, tend to do).
- You can totally combine this readathon with the O.W.L.s readathon, Tome Topple, or any other readathon you’re currently participating in! I’m using the Off the Grid readathon to work my way through my O.W.L.s TBR!
- Make sure you follow us on Twitter for more details pre-readathon.
Think you will have some trouble keeping away from your phone? Check out Shanah’s initial announcement post for some recommendations on apps that limit your phone time. Make sure you follow the readathon on Twitter and Instagram for more updates. We hope to see you there!