Hello pals! I’m so happy to announce that the Off the Grid Readathon is back! Shanah from Bionic Bookworm came up with this fantastic quarterly readathon in 2018, and the time has come for our second round! We had such a good time running this readathon last time and invite you to join us!
Throw aside your phone, banish Twitter, ignore Instagram, and read as much as you can in three days!
- This readathon will be quarterly, starting on the second weekend of the month. This round will begin on 11 January, then the next rounds will be in April, July, and October.
- We will kick off at 12:00am on Friday 11 January and will end at 11:59pm on Sunday night in your own time zone! You have three full days to read as much as possible without distraction.
- There are no challenges or reading sprints here, just books! Come up with your TBR and stick with it as much as you can, but don’t feel bad if you meander.
- There is really only one rule — stay off your phone as much as possible! The whole point is to stay off the grid, as the name implies. As there are no sprints or updates during the readathon, there’s no real reason to be checking your phone. However, you can keep track of the amount of time you read and compare it with later readathons.
- There will only be one Twitter chat and that will take place on Sunday. We’ve still got some time before the readathon starts, so make sure you follow us on Twitter for more details on the times.
Think you will have some trouble keeping away from your phone? Check out Shanah’s initial announcement post for some recommendations on apps that limit your phone time. Make sure you follow the readathon on Twitter and Instagram for more updates. We hope to see you there!