Hello everyone! I’ve been teasing this for a little while, but the time has come! When my book twin Shanah from Bionic Book Worm came up with this readathon idea, I was so excited to take part.
There are so many distractions for readers these days — it can sometimes be difficult to really concentrate on your book while your phone is buzzing with the latest social media updates. The idea behind this readathon is to disconnect from the distractions of our phones and just, well, read.
- This readathon will be quarterly, starting on the second weekend of the month. The first round will be in October, then next is January, April, and July.
- We will kick off at 12:00am on Friday 12 October and will end at 11:59pm on Sunday night in your own time zone! You have three full days to read as much as possible without distraction.
- There are no challenges or reading sprints here, just books! Come up with your TBR and stick with it as much as you can, but don’t feel bad if you meander.
- There is really only one rule — stay off your phone as much as possible! The whole point is to stay off the grid, as the name implies. As there are no sprints or updates during the readathon, there’s no real reason to be checking your phone. However, you can keep track of the amount of time you read and compare it with later readathons.
- There will only be one Twitter chat and that will take place on Sunday. We’ve still got some time before the readathon starts, so make sure you follow us on Twitter for more details on the times.
Think you will have some trouble keeping away from your phone? Check out Shanah’s announcement post for some recommendations for apps that limit your phone time. Make sure you follow the readathon on Twitter and Instagram for more updates. We hope to see you there!