I posted my May reading round-up yesterday, and now I’ve got my sights set on June. I loved every book I read in May, so I’m hoping to keep the streak alive.
Here’s my strategy for June:
- Read ten books (physical or e-book)
- Continue working on the ARC backlog, but prioritize the upcoming titles
- Go on a ridiculous book binge for my birthday
I missed my goal of ten books last month – I only manged to read seven – and that was really disappointing. However, I did have my big holiday to New York in May. I didn’t read nearly as much as I had wanted while I was away. I don’t have anything big planned for this month, so there will be loads of time to read!
I also tried to only read from my exact TBR pile last month, which kind of worked. I do feel like this was a bit limiting, so in June I’m just going to aim to continue reading from my shelves with my priorities/new books in my TBR pile.
I really need to keep working on my ARC backlog. I am, however, going to prioritize anything that hasn’t published yet. I’m still working on adjusting to reading on a Kindle, therefore I just tend to work through physical books much quicker, so hopefully I’ll tackle a fair few this month! Here is my ARC reading list for June:
- When Dimple Met Rishi by Sandhya Menon
- How to Stop Time by Matt Haig
- Jane Austen at Home by Lucy Worsley
- Godblind by Anna Stephens
- Sea of Rust by C. Robert Cargill
- Raven Stratagem by Yoon Ha Lee
- Flight of a Starling by Lisa Heathfield
I highly doubt I’ll get through all of these, but an attempt will be made. I’m really excited about all these books!
What is on your summer reading list? Do you have a reading strategy? Any of these books look interesting? Let me know!